Investcorp’s Private Equity North America team has been investing in North American mid-market businesses for over 35 years. We are among the most active global mid-market private equity firms. Since inception, we have completed approximately 70 transactions in North America, deploying more than $22 billion in transaction value.
We seek to invest in mid-sized, services-oriented companies with strong management teams, solid cash flows, prominent industry positioning and potential for growth.
Our team actively invests across six core verticals that align with our deep domain knowledge and expertise:
- Tech-Enabled Services
- Knowledge & Professional Services
- Data & Information Services
- Supply Chain Services
- Industrial Services
- Consumer Services
Our investment criteria are well-defined and based upon our more than three decades of experience. Our transaction opportunities range from buyouts and corporate carve-outs and growth equity, to controlling stakes and substantial minority investments. We have a strong track record of investing in both founder-owned and family-run businesses.
Post-investment, we act as a strategic partner to our portfolio companies and their management teams, utilizing the best internal and external resources to spur company growth.
We seek to support portfolio companies in their efforts to significantly increase EBITDA during our period of ownership through the following areas:
- Revenue Enhancement: Top-line growth in pricing, salesforce productivity, new products, and new market entry.
- Human Resources: World-class talent management through alignment of incentives, talent recruitment/retention, succession planning and personal development.
- Aggressive Use of Expert Resources: Access to providers that would otherwise be out of reach. Independent board directors are leveraged to augment human capital management.
- Cost & Efficiency: Reduce operating costs in areas such as procurement, labor productivity, business process reengineering, and overhead reduction/scalability.
- Balance Sheet and Working Capital Management: Increase cash flow and decrease risk by managing capital expenditures, reducing inventory, better management of payables & receivables, debt minimization and currency hedging strategies.
- Active Board Participation: Target-specific value-creation initiatives in portfolio and contribute as active company board participants.
Our in-house investment team is supported by a network of actively engaged advisory directors and independent boards of directors. Investcorp’s Advisory Directors are seasoned CEOs and C-level executives who have worked in major enterprises and have highly successful track records in their respective fields, with expertise in areas that directly align with Investcorp’s verticals and specific value creation initiatives to support portfolio companies.